riding a wild horse...my kingdom for a horse

"And since I want to be alive until I'm dead, I listen for sounds that, in Spinoza's terms, are identical with that part of my nature that orients me towards the world. Louis Zukofsky expresses it sweetly in response to L. S. Dembo's question in an interview conducted in 1969:

Q. Where does the idea of love fit in ...

A. Well, it's like my horses. If you're good enough to run, or you feel like running, you run. If you want to live, you love: if you don't want to live, you hate, that's all. It's as simple as that ...

Zukofsky's work is filled with horses, epic horses, Homer's horses, Ovid's Lenti, Lenti Noctis Equi (1) , Richard the III's 'A horse! A horse! my Kingdom for a horse.'"

my Claudia Keelan "Estatic Emigre". she knows.
wolf spider is of the same web. same lips at least.

Comments

Popular Posts