Real pop culture is talking items...read Tom Robbins if you doubt



Pop culture pervades in Vegas. It seeps into the fabric of everyday despite resistance. So, when my youngest asks during a Pitbull song "what does you know you want me mean?" It means a dress is talking, or a cape, or boots are talking to you saying it is cold outside and you know you want me. Yes, I may want you Lanvin cape. Only if you give me everything tonight. I don't want you on layaway cuz we may not get tomorrow.

December 27, 2011
6th Anniversary

Andrew,

I don't think I have typed you a letter to date...they have all been handwritten. But you seem to prefer this format. So I will.

What a battle we have fought. Our relationship has morphed into something I did not know existed. It remains unnameable. However, it remains.

You are strong, powerful, immovable. Thank you for all you do for our family. It remains. Pound said "what thou lovst' well remains." So it does.

Your wife,
v.

She tells him at dinner over ginger-ale.
their 2190 days together
are a silent movie with shadow characters.
"What does that even mean?"
She is not sure. She likes how he is
With their daughter. Only loving.
She does the discipline. "Me too."

The drive home is illuminated.
Only by a sliver of moon.
The garage door wails loudly on its way up.
And on it's way down.
Inside the Christmas tree is bare.
It waits to be taken to the curbside.

On the bed is three turquoise boxes.
Inside is poetry in motion.
Black onyx for the spider queen
of the trampoline.
She fastens on each piece.
And fades into sleep.

the term: Onyx comes through Latin (of the same spelling), from the Greek ὄνυξ, meaning "claw" or "fingernail.

Comments

Charly Jordan said…
I love this video and i really love ALL the shoes! Very creative, i also love the neutral colors.
Charly Jordan said…
I love this video and i really love ALL the shoes! Very creative, i also love the neutral colors.

Popular Posts