Most excuses are flimsy at best. Mine as well.

Thank you for the update. I suppose 
it was needed: helping aging parents, 
recording music, traveling, teaching, romancing.
This is all so positive and delightful.  
I am a little dizzy taking it all in right now. 
I am not sure why.

I just moved houses. Again.  
It's a whirlwind in the Vegas summer.
 Maybe that is why I am dizzy.  
The home is in an older area 
a wood burning fireplace, huge pine trees 
that litter my pool by the minute.  
It is a process getting to know a house
we are having quite a fiery relationship so far.  
Our second night the pool pump was stuck by lightening. 

I might have blamed my girl if everything burned, 
it was her prompting and insistence that we move.  
She has two more years living with me 
I admit, I will give that girl anything she wants. 
She seeks a new set of faces to entertain her.  
And a female track coach...the previous ones  
rub me the wrong way. As most people do.

I completed legal work for Vanity Fair. 
Dan, that great guy Dan, gave him my number.  
 Wrongful deaths of Cirque performers. 
That is how the legal work goes right now:
sporadic and upon my choosing.  
Being queen of my army is the focus.  
But, I will take the job that came last night 
a hygienist at the dental office I go to
scammed out of her life savings 
by love on a dating website.  
Ah, love.

Love...then marriage. Congratulations dear. 
That is relevant news. If I make the invite list 
I will be sure to wear something other then black.  
 As marriage was made legal nationwide 
There was felt a tinge of sadness.  Simply because 
some dear friends will now 
experience the interesting conundrum 
that including the state in a love affair can cause.
 Yet, I am old-ishly jaded. Let's celebrate!

*and i wrote this because he used to comment how poetry was simply sentences broken up.

Comments

Popular Posts