first son

So this kid...he officially is taller then me; weighs about 25 more pounds then me; and he is smarter in math then me. 
ice skating at Rockefeller 
He needed shoes for volleyball intramurals since his feet have grown a full size since July. His coach told him to get Asics or Mizuno, but he was having none of that. He had to get Nike. Deep down I was pleased he chose the brand momma has raised him on (Charly can't wear Nike. they are too narrow for her.) I was looking at him try on shoes and wanted to capture the moment. "Mom. What are you doing? Why are you taking pictures?" Then he promptly snatched my phone out of my hands and put it in his pocket. He loves that he can now physically dominate me. So I let him keep my phone.


There is this dinner scene in Only God Forgives in which the mother Crystal, played by Kristin Scott Thomas, is meeting her son and his "girlfriend" for the first time. Crystal performs so well when she orders dinner for everyone:
"I'll get the crab. He'll get the spicy chicken. And Mei here will have a salad; with dressing on the side."
At times I feel as if I need to protect my sons more then my one fiercely independent daughter. Those strong female types can wreck havoc on trusting boys. I got you dev. They have to get through me to get to you.

Comments

Popular Posts