here is the point

So it's my birthday and that is not even the point.  Nor is the point my 6 year old left for school too tired and forlorn to say happy birthday to me. Nor is the point my 14 year old was being hair obsessed because it is picture day and missed the whole hour of seminary due to hair issues...she didn't say happy birthday to me. Nor is the point my calm collected 12 year old who was not late, not tired or not sad sauntered out the door in his new volcom shorts without saying happy birthday.  Oh, and the baby, i am pretty sure he was not saying happy birthday when he was crying for my orange juice.  So, the point is, so many other days with them are even better then the best birthdays. It's like i live a perpetual birthday because i have created my own fan club. That is pretty sick if you ask me.
So a couple weeks ago I got breakfast in bed for NO REASON.  (heart toast, so sweet). Last week i got a whole box of cupcakes just for the icing (because cake is no bueno) for NO REASON.  And so on.  I think i made my point.  Unbirthday or birthday, it is all about me.

Comments

Popular Posts