We Ran our Course

This subject is drawing to a close. As I have stated before, knowledge is power and the conundrum that the more you know the more you realize you do not know is seductive to me. So, armed with my swords of two advanced degrees, three marriages, five children, international living, a book lover's esoteric gnosis, and 46 years of experience... I surrender. The current pain of religious and sexual abuse (from different sets of men) is being alchemized by the violet flame (see Zadiekiel) of forgiveness and compassion. For the perpetrators and for myself. There is no condoning the behaviors of these men or myself, but a release of power. A sticky, coagulated quagmire it has been as it ties to many of my current realities. It has been said you can not heal in the environment your trauma was birthed in...that seems logical, however, when families are bound by these soul contracts it is not always best in the cards to cut and run. Let's stay, for now. Make it new, for now. 

Move forward from seeing ancient text as dogma, but as inspiration for divining my own channel to The One (a plug for reading The Emerald Tablets). The undoubted fact the semantically coherent text is relatively easy to process does not, in and of itself, demonstrate that the input system for language has access to what the organism knows about how the world coheres. Perception is literally reflexive; the intelligence of perceptual integration is misconstrued as it does not happen in rerum naturae. Steven Stitch's (1978) discussion of the difference between belief and the epistemic relation ; "it is characteristic of beliefs that they generate further beliefs via inference" (confirmation bias). Beliefs are inferentially promiscuous. Provided with a suitable set of supplementary beliefs, almost any belief can pay a role in the inference to any other...however, subdoxastic states, as contrasted with beliefs, are largely inferentially isolated from the large body of inferentially integrated beliefs to which a person has conscious access. Subdoxastic states are typically both unconscious and inferentially integrated.

This integration is seminal in the process of transformation. It is an integral part of any practice that moves one toward awakening. My unconscious has enabled me to leave the tomb. I do so without overlooking the value of my spiritual heritage. It gave me my first mile. This first mile that won my soul was of compulsion, duty and convention. The second mile that freed my soul is that of free service, liberty-loving devotion to reach my fellow people in love. Like Yesuwa, Budda, Mother Teresa who survived the mystery cults of their birth time, the ignorance and superstition, to triumph as those devoted to the spiritual regeneration of men. I will not accept a religion which is inconsistent with the facts and out of harmony with its highest conceptions of truth, beauty, and goodness. Let's listen to the striking gong that is signaling a rediscovery of the true and original foundations of unity, non-duality, compassion, mercy and acceptance. Make it new to become a living organism of spirituality, not an institutionalized social organization.

"The kingdom of God is within you." 

Andrew and I vow this is our last visit to Chuck E. Cheese
we will be making it new in more ways than soul matters.

A post script from Richard Wiley, an author, advocate and dear friend:

"After mentioning the recent attack on Salman Rushdie...

But it is just as true that Henry (present when Rushdie was attacked for his 1988 Satantic Verses) was wounded because of his belief that writing, indeed that art in all its forms, has a better chance of saving our crumbling, faltering, rusting, dying world, than anything else.

In the deepest sense, I think those beliefs were what brought Henry to the stage that day.

And they are what must bring the rest of us - you and I, our parents and children - to whatever stages might present themselves to us, however small or large.

“The pen is mightier than the sword” is no mere adage, if that pen is properly applied."

I hope I have properly applied the pen in accordance to the powers that REALLY be.


Comments

Popular Posts