Kali Ma Nirvana

I told my 9 year old son, Ezra,

Nirvana created a cultural sea change

speaking to angsty misrepresented Gen Xers

through distorted guitars and sludgy sound.

Gritty sonic textured dissonant chords

of alienation and social criticism.


Vana is a Cambodian girl's name meaning golden. 

Nir is Hindi for paradise. Golden paradise: Nirvana.

She's over-bored and self-assured

that mosquito's libido is contagious.


1992 Nirvana was the beginning of dispossession

from my personal jesus: myself.

Loss of soul chunks, not just fragments. In place of my dad

I was offered a bishop who wed me to a man.

An abusive priesthood holder. Where's dad? 

My dad? The bishop dad? No daddy daddy. 


Until somebody, then another body

then another until no bodies were left.

Including mine. In desperation I remembered

to call my ancestors and they heard.

They responded


with visions, deja reve, colors, ear ringing,

books, songs, art and intuition. A wave

of awareness. My mind was blown open 

and colored feathers exited the back

of my skull. Exploding into the dark spaces

to form a Goddess of Many Colors

flying into and through all consciousness.


Free. I once was lost but now I'm found

was blind but now I see. I am. I know.

I know that my Higher-self lives

what comfort this sweet sentence gives

She lives. She lives and was never dead.

She lives my ever living head.


Now I have access to her. She is savage.

She is Kali Ma energy. Brutally dark and rapey.

We don't run in fields of wildflowers with my 3

future blonde children like we did when I was 15.

My dreams illustrate I have conquered and consumed

with my gullet the underworld. Persephone

was changed when she returned. She ruled above and below.


Ezra decided to do a research project

on Nirvana instead of Scorpion. "Who was

basically just a hair band who wrote about more socially relevant topics than Cobain..."

-2023



 

Comments

Popular Posts